Registration and flagging of Ships: private and public law aspects.
Relations with the Directorate General of the Merchant Marine.
Contracts on Ships, their use and operation
- Shipbuilding Contracts and Sale and Purchase Contracts.
- Ship Finance. Ship Mortgage and other security. Loan agreements.
- Contracts for the use of Ships: Charters and Bareboat Charters.
- Carriage of goods by sea: charter, carriage under bill of lading. Liability of Carrier. Limitation of Liability.
- Carriage of persons by sea.
- Arrest of ships. Enforcement of mortgages and maritime licenses.
Liability Claims and Insurance
- Cargo claims
- Passengers claims.
- Insurance and Reinsurance.
- Claims for damage to third parties: collisions.
- Sea pollution.
- Salvage and towage.
- Gross Average.